|WHAT TO WEAR ON A FIRST DATE|
What to wear on a first date can be even more difficult for men. Style and fashion might normally be considered to be a female thing but there is no reason for men not to bother. Here are some top tips for men to help you decide what to wear on a first date.
- If you don't feel comfortable wearing a suit then don't wear one, you will looking uncomfortable and uptight and it might make your date feel that is it them making you feel like that.
- Always look like you have made an effort and be as smart as possible. Looking like you have not bothered will come across arrogant and is insulting to your date.
- Leave the humorous clothes and accessories at home. Novelty cufflinks look silly, T-shirts with slogans might offend and cartoon ties just look absurd. This sort of clothing is never right for a first date.
- Clothes that are too small or too big always look bad. Always wear clothes that fit properly. If you are not sure when you are buying them, ask the shop assistance for help, that is what they are there for.
- Remember that less is more so minimise jewellery and aftershave.
- Wet under arms are never attractive so always wear anti-perspirant deodorant.
- Only wear sandals if you have very good feet, if in doubt then avoid.
- Do not try to impress your date with your knowledge of fashion, especially if you have no idea what you are talking about; remember they might know more than you.
- Tattoos can be contentious, some women hate tattoos, but others love them. If you have tattoos it is best to keep them covered for the first date.
- Always compliment your date on what she is wearing, women love to be flattered.